Slovenia is a country in the Central Europe. The neighboring countries are Croatia to the South East, Austria to the North, and Italy to the West. The country is bordered by the Adriatic Sea to the South West. The capital city is Ljubljana. Slovenia is endowed with a continental climate. The landscape features lakes, mountains and ski resorts. Slovenia mountains are the paradise of hikers and skiers.
Slovania's wonderful hiking trails
- Soca Valley is one of the most beautiful hiking destination in Slovenia. The Soca Valley's Alpine mountain features forests, a river and a national park. The forest is home to a wide range of plant and animal species in Julian Alps. The beautiful view of the streams and waterfalls make the trails more paradisiac. The trails are suitable for both beginners and more advanced hikers.
- Triglav mountain's highest point is 2,864m. Triglav is located in Triglav's National Park, in the Northwestern part of Slovenia, between the Littoral and the Upper Carniola. It is the highest hiking trail in Slovenia. Triglav mountain is linked to the Slavic deity Troglav.
- The Alpine mountain of Škratica is suitable for advanced hikers with a high of 2,740m above sea level. Hikers can enjoy the beautiful view of the sunset light on it steep Northwestern face. The view from the highest peak is breathtaking.
- The Mangrt Alpine mountain is located in the Western part of Slovania which shares a border with Italy. The highest peak is 2,697 km. The Mangrt overlooks Lake Fusine, Italy to its North.
- Stenar mountain is in the Julian Alps It is located in the Northwestern part of Slovenia. It has a moderately high peak at 2,244m. It is suitable for intermediate hikers. From the highest peak, you can also marvel at the panoramic view of the neighboring mountains.
Slovania's most popular skiing trails
- Ojstrica: With the highest peak at 2,350m, Ojstrica is a popular skiing trail in the eastern part of the Kamnik Alps. Its sharp top is reminiscent of a pyramid.
- The Skuta Glacier is located in the Easternmost glacier in the Alps.
- Kocna is located in Northern part of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps in Slovania. Its highest point peaks at 2,540m.
- Grintovec: With a high point of 2,558m, the Kamnik-Savinja Alpin mountain of Grintovec is fantastic trails for hiking and skiing due to its prominent peak.
- The Brana Glacier is in the Kamnik-Savinja Alps, with a high point at 2,253m.
Hiking and skiing vacation in Slovenia
Slovenia is endowed with beautiful mountains and excellent trails for skiing and hiking. It is a paradise for hikers and skiers. It is where you can enjoy the view of the panoramic landscape from the highest peak. It is also you can marvel at the peaceful Nature.
Set out for your hiking and skiing vacation in Slovenia. Book your flight and accommodation earlier. In order to get the best deals on flights and hotels, use an online travel agency like Opodo. Opodo liaises with many tour operators and airline companies in the world, including Slovenia. It also cooperates with hotels to facilitate your accommodation search. Save your time and get interesting discounts by booking through Opodo.